I was recently nominated for a One Lovely Blog Award and Christmas Tag by Louise at Little Hearts, Big Love. I firstly want to say how honoured I was when I read that she had picked me and how flattered I was that she thought my little blog was good enough to nominate. Thank you darling 😀
So as part of this I have been asked to share 7 fact about myself. I will also answering the Christmassy questions too before nominating 15 people to also take part if they choose too.
One Lovely Blog Award
Facts about me
- I am a mother to 4 beautiful children but I also have 2 step children. I love being a mother and I try to treat all my children the same but in their own different ways.
- I had my first child when I was 17. Even though he wasn’t planned I loved my son more then anything and he became my whole world.
- I had my second son at the age of 20 (the day before my 21st birthday). I was single at the time and had gone through the whole pregnancy on my own and with the support of my family, mostly my amazing mother (who’s birthday my son was born on).
- Even though I was a single mum of 2 I managed to get my self on a college course to redo my GCSE’s and then went on to do my Alevels. (although I wasn’t single during my Alevel years as I met my hubby just before I finished my GCSE year).
- I am a total chatter box and I will talk to almost anyone about anything. it’s not always a good thing though and sometimes my mouth runs away with itself and I say the wrong thing.
- I try my hardest to be as honest as I possibly can. Which some people love about me because they know I don’t mean it in a bad way I’m just wanting to treat them the way I would want to be treated and I know that if I looks horrid in an outfit I would want to know.
- I have slight OCD when it comes to me making sandwiches or preparing certain meals. Also my volume on my TV has to be on either a 0 or a 5.
1. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
My favourite Christmas film has to be I’ll be home for Christmas. I don’t know why I love this film over all the other Christmas films out there but it doesn’t feel like Christmas until I have watched this film.
2. Do you open your presents on Christmas eve or on Christmas day?
Growing up we were always allowed to open one present on Christmas Eve. It was a tradition I wanted to do with my children but my hubby didn’t really like the idea because it spoils the Christmas fun in morning. Do we get up super early on Christmas morning, normally around 6am and my parents come round. Then we all open presents together before we have breakfast.
3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
Last year was my favourite and best Christmas ever. I loved it because it was just my kids, my stepdaughter, my hubby and myself. So we could just enjoy ourselves and be a complete family. It was Baby’s first Christmas.
The whole day was so much fun and so relaxing 🙂
4. Favourite festive food?
For my it has to be pigs in blankets. I love them! But you can’t go wrong with sausages wrapped in bacon!
5. Favourite Christmas gift?
My favourite Christmas gift I brought for myself from T when he was a baby. It’s a Mum locket with “I love you” inscribed to back. I brought it from Argos 10 years ago and I still it now (although the chain has been changed many times) It’s my favourite necklace.
6. Favourite Christmas scent?
I don’t actually really like many Christmas scents. I find them really over powering. But I do love the smell of crisp air just after it snows. Does that count?
7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
We have quite a few traditions that we stick too. Each Christmas Eve we will either baked Christmas biscuits or buns, then we have hot chocolate and watch Christmas films. Then if we have time we will make a new decoration or art and craft inspired Christmas projected. Then after we get ready for bed I sit and read “T’was night before Christmas” and other Christmas stories before we leave a carrot, biscuit, mince pie and a glass of Bailey’s out for Santa before bed.
8. What tops your tree?
We have an angel on top of out tree. It’s the one my use to have at her house that she handed down to me when I moved house.
9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I don’t really remember. I think it might of been a baby brother. But being youngest I never got that 🙂
10. What’s the best part about Christmas for you?
I love the joy on my kids faces in the morning. I love the quality time I get to spend with my family and I love the magic of it all.
The rules for the One Lovely Blog Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers that you admire to do the same and let them know.
My One Lovely Blog Award nominations are as follows:
- Life As Alice
- Twin Mummy and Daddy
- The Reading Residence
- Lets Talk Mommy
- The Oliver’s Madhouse
- Teen Tween Toddler
- You Baby Me Mummy
- Northumberland Mam
- Hodge Podge Days Blog
- Keep Up With The Jones Family
- Slouching Towards Thatcham
- Life as our little family
- Super Busy Mum
- Honest Mum
- Mum in the Madhouse
Hopefully you will all take part and also do the Christmas tag too.