When I first realised that I was tagged by the lovely Pennies Add Up I was completely thrilled. But when I thought about and I wondered could I think of 50 different things that make me happy?
So I put my mind to work and tried to come up with as many things as I could.
So here we go:
- My family – My hubby and my kids. They completely drive me around the bend most of the time but I know deep down that with them in my life I wouldn’t be as happy as I am now!
- Sunshine – I love sitting in the sun and I adore watching the sun rise and set.
- This smile – I can’t look at her smile without feeling all warm and fuzzy.
- Wine – a nice big glass of red wine to relax with when the kids are in bed.
- The Disney film The Little Mermaid – I put this film on when ever I am ill or I’m feeling pants because it’s one of my favourite and I love it.
- My best friends Maggi and Kate – I call them my wives because I love them to pieces and they always make be feel better or talk sense into me when I’m feeling down!
- Listening to rain tapping on the window, car roof or when you in a tent.
- My kids telling me they love me
- I love relaxing in a bubble bath, so bubble baths make me happy
- The Outdoors – that feeling you get after a long walk, or when your stood and the edge of a hill or cliff looking out are the view in front of you. It’s beautiful.
- Going swimming
- Chocolate – but that speaks for itself
- Dancing – nothing makes me happier then blaring out music and dancing around like a crazy person. I even have a Happy Dance.
- Trying new things – figuring out and knowing I can do something new really makes me happy.
- Come Dine With Me – it’s one if my favourite TV shows and I love wTching it even if it does make me hungry.
- My house when it’s freshly decorated, decluttered and clean.
- The song Happy by Pharrell Williams
- My pyjamas – I love nothing more then buying myself a new set and I could live in them all day, every day. If it was possible.
- My mum and dad – my mum drives me round the bend and some days I want to scream at her because she isn’t listening or still treats me like a child but she can be lovely, helpful and there if I need her.
- Shopping – going in a shopping spree and spending money in a new pair of shoes or and outfit for myself. Even when I go shopping for the kids I love it because I can plan it all out and normally I try to go when I’m “kid free!” That makes it a real treat.
- Date night – my home and I try to have a date night steady once a month because we need time for us as well as time as a family.
- Clouds – nothing better then lay on the grass on a warm summers day making shapes out of the clouds.
- Kisses – whether it’s a smooch off my kids or a sneaky snog off my hubby kisses always leave me smiling.
- Presents – come on who doesn’t like been given a gift.
- Seeing my kids happy!
- A cold beer, fresh from the fridge at the end of a hot day.
- Daffodils – every year I love see the daffodils because it means the start of spring.
- Halloween – I always try to go all out at Halloween. I decorate my garden, my house and sometimes myself.
- Reading a story to my kids at bedtime and me seeing them read for themselves.
- My bed – I love curling up in bed even though I find it hard to fall asleep sometimes.
- Being pregnant – although there were moments I completely loathed being pregnant, through out each and everyone pregnancy I alway had a feeling of contentment and happiness.
- Finding a bargain or getting a great deal on something.
- Bubbles – I love watching and blowing bubbles in garden with the kids.
- Hearing my kids say “I love you, mum!”.
- Watching E eat watermelon – she loves the stuff and always eat a slice that is almost as big as her head. It very amusing to watch.
- Listening to P!nk – she is one of my favourite artist and I just love her music.
- Sunday Morning snuggles with kids when they climb in my bed
- Looking at stars – it fills my with a sense of amazement and happiness to stare up at a beautiful sight as the stars.
- When someone likes my blog posts or when I break my most views in a day record.
- When I think about the day I got married.
- Making new friends.
- When I try a new recipe and it works out well.
- Watching my kids sleep – it’s just so peaceful.
- Seeing my kids learn something new.
- Climbing into freshly changed bedding.
- Sitting my candle light in winter.
- Being told “I’m the worlds best mum” or “the best mum ever”
I want to say a massive thank you for tagging me and even though my post is little bit late. It’s only because it’s take me so long to thing about what to put and what makes me happy.
I will pass on the joy and tag:
What 50 Things Make you Happy?
As many mother’s know having kids is never easy. It might seem like this amazing idea while your pregnant and you will dream and this beautiful baby that you swear will never know what a McDonald’s tastes like, they will never throw tantrums and every day will be amazing because will have managed to always make yours presentable and have your make up done before leaving the house in a morning.
Yes I was one of those mothers too and my motherhood dreams came tumbling down around me within a matter of days of my first son T being born. I left the hospital hobbling like a lady needing a zimo frame after my emergency c section. Every time I moved too quickly or took too big a step my stomach would hurt and it would feel like my inside might fall out. It’s safe to say I didn’t look presentable and it didn’t help that the only clothes I could fit in and felt comfortable were my old unflattering maternity clothes due to swelling after surgery. Basically I was a mess!
By the time I became a mum a second time round all my previous preconceptions of motherhood were out of the windows and I was a single mother. That was until I met my hubby and we started a family together and got married.
So now 4 kids down the line I believe all of these bits of my life have made me realise how much it takes to be a great mum and that sometimes you just need a pat on the back for managing to make it through the day in one piece.
so here my list of 5 ways to know you cracked motherhood:
- When your able to some how go to the loo, while holding a clingy teething baby that will start screaming if you so much as hint at putting her down and are able to hug a stroppy toddler, who is sulky because of a reason only they know and understand. ← This is a win, because hey at least you were able to go to the loo.
- You manage to open and enjoy a bar of chocolate with out your little angels seeing, hearing or even smelling the hidden treat. ← As parents we all know how good are little ones are at zoning in on chocolate, so if you managed to eat 1 bar without getting caught, well done.
- When you able to make it out of the door in a morning with a smudge of mascara on, your hair brushed and your have matching shoes. ← Win!
- When your able to feed your baby, while talking on the phone to organise a play date for your eldest and help your toddler put their shoes on with your free hand. ← This is unleashing the awesome mummy powers that turn you into SuperMum!
- When one of your offspring grabs you and hugs you close for no reason other then to show you how much they love and missed you. ← This is one of the best and most amazing moments in motherhood. It’s that moment when you realise you are this little persons everything and they love you just as much as you love them.
There are millions of other motherhood wins that we win every day. They don’t even need to be the big things to be a mummy win it can be the simple things like getting to drink a brew while its hot or getting to actually have a relaxing soak in the bath. A mummy win can be anything that makes you feel Proud and Happy to be a mum!
What are your mummy wins that let you know you cracked motherhood?
share with me
We all have those chores or odd jobs around the house that we completely hate! The jobs that make us groan out loud at the very thought of.
I am no different and I have a list as long as my arm of job I can put up with but I also have a list of jobs I would avoid like the plague and I am more then happy to past off to my hubby or I will leave them until they really need to be done or even better I just won’t do them at all!
(I know that makes me sound really bad but not all of these job at that important)
So here my list
I completely hate the washing up with a passion but with 7 of us living in 1 house. It not exactly something that can be left. Luckily for me though it was a job my hubby happily agreed too and I very nearly had it write in to our wedding vow.
“I promise to love, honour and always wash up” has a catching ring to it wouldn’t you say?
In this house it’s a fend for yourself kind of approach to pairing socks. I just can’t stand sitting there pairing and matching socks because you are never fully finished because there is always those few left over singles that you can never find the match to. It infuriate me, so instead of putting myself through the undo stress of marrying socks. I just put them all in a basket and you fend for yourself and if you find a pair, BONUS!
Some people say they love ironing but I just do not see the appeal. Specially when I know my kids will just end up rolling around creasing them again or shoving them in a draw very untidily. I save my time and sanity and only iron if I have too or I’ll ask the hubby to do it.
I think this is a universal one for most people. I know it needs doing and I will do it if and when I have too, but it a very unpleasant experience. Specially when I have 2 boys at home that seriously need to work on their target practise.
- Sorting through the clutter
This is one of those tedious jobs that I hate. Mainly because of the constant onslaught of paper work I get given for the kids school or hospital appointments. Then there is the fact that they never stop growing out of clothes or mixing up and breaking their toys. Which means that at least once a month I have to go on a declutter mission that ends up taking hours or sometimes days out of my life. Just for the clutter to re-accumulate within a matter of days.
So there you go my lists of job that I despise having to do but will do if I have too. (Well apart from the socks, I’m just not going there)
Do you have any jobs that you hate?
Is there any job you won’t do?
And who does them for you, if you don’t?
I am linking up with Emma at outnumbered as part of the #BEDAoutnumbered challenge.
Day 9: 15 Things that make you happy except the obvious like family, children etc
I found this list rather difficult because even though I know what makes me happy. Thinking up 15 things is difficult off top of my head but I am going to give it a go.
1. Watching a sunrise/sunset
2. Crisp fresh bedding (specially when I have just shaved my legs. Sorry about the TMI moment but it just feels so clean and smooth)
3. Walking in the snow (it always feels magical)
4. Winning! (it can be anything that I have own it still makes me all happy and giddy)
5. Hanging out my washing on the washing line first thing in a morning. (the peace and stillness of the world just relaxes me)
6. Flowers (nearly all flowers make me smile and I like giving them and receiving them :D)
7. Baking (I enjoy baking with my kids but I totally love just doing it all by myself)
8. The Little Mermaid!
9. Sketching and doodling
10. Swimming (I love swimming but I hardly ever get chance to go because my hubby works shifts that change every week and he doesn’t often find out until the weekend before what he is working. So it makes it hard to plan activities like me swimming around it. Plus swimming pools have policies about having a certain number of kids to adult ratio)
11. Wine makes me happy 🙂
12. Learning something new (I love trying and picking up new skills because then I know I have tried it. At moment it’s finding the time)
13. Bubble baths
14. The beach/seaside (even though I hate sand I love the beach and I am always happy there)
And last but not least
So there are my 15 things that make me happy. It wasn’t as hard as I thought.
Can’t wait to see yours.
See you tomorrow!
blog every day in August